[nv-l] link up/down trap correlation

Subject: [nv-l] link up/down trap correlation
From: "Enrico Zappi" <enrico.zappi@telecarrier.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:52:30 -0500
Folks,

I want to reduce the number of link up, link down traps that result in
alerts using a ruleset. The "reset on match" node is perfect for holding
link-down traps for a few minutes and if no corresponding link-up trap
is received, only then forwarding the trap to the alert script.

Have any list members found similarly elegant solutions to forward
link-up traps only if the corresponding link-down trap was actually
sent? I'm about the implement this filter in the script with a text file
keeping track of unresolved traps. Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Enrico