[nv-l] Antwort: Re: [nv-l] Default Network Symbol Creation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Antwort: Re: [nv-l] Default Network Symbol Creation
From: "Swen Jedlicka" <Swen.Jedlicka@finanzit.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:53:13 +0100
Hello Peter,

I think it is possible to change the default symbol. Please take a look at the
file
/usr/OV/conf/[lang]/if_to_sym.   [lang] means your installed language (probably
"C")

This file defines the symbols for interfaces, segments,  and network types.
The description of this file says:
"If an entry of an interface type is missing, it will try to locate a
default entry which has interface type *. If a default entry is found,
the segment type and symbols of this entry will be used; otherwise the
NetView default values will be used. The purpose of this entry field
is used to overwrite NetView default values."

Hope it helps

Swen

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Kind regards

Swen Jedlicka

FinanzIT Netzbetriebsgesellschaft mbH
OE 33   Betriebsplanung / Projekte
Semmelweisstr.9
04103 Leipzig

Office:     +49 341 993 - 6807
Mobil:      +49 175 585 - 6807
Fax:        +49 341 993 - 6850
Notes:      swen.jedlicka@nbg
e-Mail:     swen.jedlicka@FinanzIT.com
Internet:   www.FinanzIT.com

Sicherheitshinweis: http://www.FinanzIT.com/templates/default.php4?p=653

                    Jane Curry

                    <jane.curry@skills-        An:

                    1st.co.uk>                 Kopie:

                                               Thema:  Re: [nv-l] Default
Network Symbol Creation
                    13.03.2003 15:42

I think you will find if there is anything on a network that supports
SNMP that can tell NetView the segment type, then that segment type will
be used.  If nothing can tell NetView, it deafults to Token Ring.  I
don't know of a way to change the default.

Cheers,
Jane

Peter.Ingleson@gerlingncm.com wrote:

>List,
>
>When new networks are added, NV always creates segment1 as a Token Ring? Is
>it possible to change this default?
>
>NV7.1.2 on 4.3.3 ML 10
>
>Regards
>Peter
>
>Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
>you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
>delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
>message to anyone.  In such a case, you should destroy this message and
>kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.

>*NOTE*
>This is not an Offical Tivoli Support forum. If you need immediate
>assistance from Tivoli please call the IBM Tivoli Software Group
>help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.