Re: [nv-l] Same IP addresses on different boxes.

To: bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Same IP addresses on different boxes.
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:57:42 -0500
Cc: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

You won't be able to have both devices on the map at the same time. NetView does not support duplicate IP addresses. I would suggest you use CNAT to perform header and payload translation for one of the duplicate subnets - you would be translating the IPaddresses to a set of addresses not currently in use by the network your NetView server resides on.

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com

03/14/2003 10:29 AM