[nv-l] nvserverd goes away - normal or not

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] nvserverd goes away - normal or not
From: Bocock Leonard <leonard.bocock@siemens.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:53:02 +1100
Hi List

Solaris8, NV713

Every day or so, nvserverd dies, and we get an event in the TEC telling us
so.  My question is, we do not run NetView consoles or Web interface - ie we
utilise TEC for all event presentation.  Is nvserverd going away because it
has nothing to do, or is this a problem?  It does not seem to be impacting
the ability of NV to provide node up/node down or snmpColl data.   The NV
Admin Reference basically says -

"The nvserverd daemon receives traps and forwards them to different nvevents
applications running on client workstations. The events display application
is
responsible for displaying the events to the user."

Thanks, Leonard

Enterprise Management Information Systems
Siemens Business Services
Australia
+61 407 370 854

CAUTION - This message may contain privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited.  If you have
received this message in error please notify Siemens Ltd., ABN 98004347880,
or Siemens (NZ) Limited immediately.