[nv-l] questions about 7.1.2

To: "Nv-L (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] questions about 7.1.2
From: "Pretorius, Vynita" <VPretorius@fnb.co.za>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:00:05 +0200
HI All

We have just loaded 7.1.2  Netview/aix on 4.3.3 and from the release notes,
things have changed from 6.01

in ver 6.01/2 the web was unable to be used if there was a firewall in place
as random ports were used - has this been fixed?

In The location.conf file am I able to specify any routers to go to any
location i.e. router BOB to sit in a location SA?
because the release notes are chatting about the interfaces in different
locations? and if I am doing a limited discovery do I only have to specify
the seed file in smitty.

Do you still specify the additional community strings in the community.conf
file ?

In the release notes they specify that the locale must be en_US but in a
presentation they specify it must be En_US , I have changed my locale to
En_US but when I issue the locale command it still comes up with en_US ,
does this need a reboot.?

Can any users who have read-write access change settings i.e. from limited
to unlimited discovery?

Can I copy the /usr/OV/conf/C/trapd.conf file to my new system? or is the
unwise?

I see also that there are cisco adapter,jar files, I have been to the
specified website but could not find documentation or the cisco integration
utility ? where can I find this software and how will it benefit me?

Thanks in advance
Vynita

The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the
author and not those
of the FirstRand Banking Group or its management.  The information in this
e-mail is confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else
is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or
omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of
information and data
transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no
liability or
responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for whatever
reason, corrupted
or does not reach its intended destination.