[nv-l] RE : [nv-l] dblog error

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] RE : [nv-l] dblog error
From: °ø±â¿­<bart@isiskorea.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:00:31 +0900

I questioned and searched the solution.
I found some referring documents in Tivoli KnowledgeBase.
below

1)

"Exception:UserException:SysAdminException::ExException:RIM::ExRIMError:R" ...
is received in the dblog file.The complete error message is as
follows:IM::ExRIMRDBMSCallFailed:RIM::ExRIMSQLParseFailed /* 2001-05-24
17:46:03 nvColToSQL */ Line 303 File snmpColapi/nl_snmpColRIMDML.c 51: SQL
Server Error: Please see Server Error Message. /* 2001-05-24 17:46:03
nvColToSQL */ Line 102 File trapapi/nl_rimerr.c /* 2001-05-24 17:58:48
nvColToSQL */ Line 107 File trapapi/nl_rimerr.c Exception:

Solution
Product: TDS Guides for NetViewOS=AIXDB=OracleWhen running dataPush, it
processes smaller collections fine. When it encounters a larger collection, it
stops converting the collection files to sql and throws the following in the
dblog
file:Exception:UserException:SysAdminException::ExException:RIM::ExRIMError:R
IM::ExRIMRDBMSCallFailed:RIM::ExRIMSQLParseFailed /* 2001-05-24 17:46:03
nvColToSQL */ Line 303 File snmpColapi/nl_snmpColRIMDML.c 51: SQL Server Error:
Please see Server Error Message. /* 2001-05-24 17:46:03 nvColToSQL */
Line 102 File trapapi/nl_rimerr.c /* 2001-05-24 17:58:48 nvColToSQL */ Line 107
File trapapi/nl_rimerr.c Exception: "dataPush" uses at its root the traptosql
RIM tool. This tool has an upper limit of what size file it will convert. The
number is not the same for all systems. This is because, to increase
performance, RIM caches the entire file while converting it. So when it gets to
a file that is very large it eventually chokes on it. Use smaller collection
files and try different time parameters in the "snmpCollect" tool.

2)NV/NVCOLTOSQL-ERRORS IN /USR/OV/LOG/DBLOG SHOW GARBLED CHARACTERS : %7$S

Solution
Error Description: NV 6.0.1/nvColToSQL -error messages in /usr/OV/log/dblog:
   Error no 0: Sev 0 Msg                                            Default
Message: The RDBMS server call has faile               The operation was:  %7$s
                                       The RDBMS server call's return code was:
 %8$d                  Verified with L3 that messages will not cause data to
not       be pushed into the RDBMS.  If user sees messages stating        data
has been inserted then the nvColToSQL is working properly. Local fix Message in
dblog is negligible in that it will not interfere    with the data being pushed
into the database
Anybody have other idea?

Sincerely yours.