[nv-l] How to purge old systems from Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] How to purge old systems from Netview
From: "Milburn, Shane B" <shane.b.milburn@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:44:42 -0800

I had Netview monitoring the networks 10.8.[1-95].0. We made some changes and now only 10.8.[1-63].0 need to be monitored by my system. Another system monitors subnets 64-95. I changed my seed file and then purged the Netview database. Then I stopped and restarted the processes. Netview seems to have purged the systems on subnets 64-95 since they are no longer visible in the gui, however, I still see hits on my firewall now coming from the Netview station trying to ping and snmp-read to the 10.8.[64-95].0 networks.

Can someone tell me how I can make netview stop trying to ping and SNMP poll these networks I no longer need to manage?

thanks,
-shane
--
Shane B Milburn
Sr. Network Engineer & Unix/Network Domain Lead,