Re: [nv-l] NV Web Console

Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV Web Console
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:20:30 +0100
Brian,

you can only scope on locations and networks.
Not on single nodes or interfaces.
Start using the "Web Console Security" to see what is allowed
before changing ScopeInfo.xml directly.

And once you see a Router you will also only see those interfaces which are
in
networks/locations which are also in the scope.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

                      "Brian Green"

<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      com>                     cc:

                                               Subject:  [nv-l] NV Web Console

                      26.03.2003 18:54

I have been asked to partition access in the Web Console, and I am running
into a problem.  I have specified the specific devices that a user can view
using a scope, but when opening the device I cannot see the specific
interfaces.  I have tried manually editing the ScopeInfo.xml file to add
the
specific interfaces, but no luck.

Does anyone know how to do this?  I am running NetView 7.1.1

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green
Tivoli Certified Consultant