[nv-l] [NV, DM] UNIX hardware monitoring

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com, tme10@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] [NV, DM] UNIX hardware monitoring
From: blane.robertson@CenterPointEnergy.com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:19:48 -0600
Good day Tivoliers,

We (ESM) are having a discussion with the UNIX team as to what tool(s) to
use for monitoring the hardware on these platforms.  We have both SUN and
AIX, but the UNIX team has told us that SNMP is useless for this task.  Is
this true?  Up to this point, it hasn't been an issues for us, but it's
coming to the forefront so it needs to be addressed.

Any input would be most appreciated.  Please respond directly as well as to
the list since I only get the digest.  Thanks in advance.

Peace,
Blane Robertson
IT - Nerve Center
CenterPoint Energy, Inc.
713.207.2002

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? -
Mark 8:36

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. --
Anonymous