[nv-l] Re: nv-l Digest 31 Mar 2003 03:05:33 -0000 Issue 260

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Re: nv-l Digest 31 Mar 2003 03:05:33 -0000 Issue 260
From: blane.robertson@CenterPointEnergy.com
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:32:45 -0600
Joe, et. al.

First of all, thanks for all the suggestions.

It appears that there is a lot out there to be done, but as usual, it's not
out of the box.  What got all this started was that NetView was receiving a
grunch of "trap found with no known format" messages from one of our AIX
servers, and I asked for a MIB from our UNIX group.  After loading it
(HACMP), I sent some of the events over to them for perusal to see if they
were worthwhile.  They said that they were useless, and (basically) that I
shouldn't bother with it.  I asked them if they could be filtered from the
source at the trap level (hardware or application wise), and they said no,
only at the "enterprise" level.  That's what prompted my question to the
digest.

Peace,
Blane Robertson
IT - Nerve Center
CenterPoint Energy, Inc.
713.207.2002

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? -
Mark 8:36

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right. --
Anonymous

                    nv-l-digest-help@lists.

                    tivoli.com                     To:
nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                                                   cc:

                    03/30/2003 09:05 PM            Subject:     nv-l Digest 31
Mar 2003 03:05:33
                                                   -0000 Issue 260