[nv-l] netview - dumping out the topology

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] netview - dumping out the topology
From: dmahler@telcordia.com
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:00:49 -0400

We have our netview (windows) GUI maps organized by site, and in some cases by function (dmz, external servers, test lab).   This is nicely conveyed visually to the operation and nocc staff.  nice....

However, I have a need to be able to understand this hierarchy in other automation.   I would like to be able to get this from netview as it is the "monitor of record" in our site ("it don't mean a thing... if that thing ain't pinged").

q:  Is there a way to dump out not only all the objects (ovtopodump), but also all the containers/hierarchy?

thanks for any help

Don Mahler
SAIC/Telcordia