RE: [nv-l] Trpas from DFM

To: "Carlos Enriquez" <enriquezc@terra.com.mx>, <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Trpas from DFM
From: "DiIulio, Daniel" <Daniel.DiIulio@DigitalNet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:06:31 -0400
Carlos,

You can try using /usr/OV/bin/snmptrap to test if NetView can receive the DFM
trap.  You'll need to specify the Enterprise ID and specific trap number.
Below is a script I've used to test for DFM events.

#!/bin/ksh

/usr/OV/bin/snmptrap <NV Server> \

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733 <Node Name> 6 4 "" \

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733.2.1.1 Integer 10 \

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733.2.1.2 OctetString DFM \

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733.2.1.3 OctetString PowerSupply \

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733.2.1.4 OctetString <Node Name>

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733.2.1.5 OctetString StateNotNormal \

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733.2.1.6 OctetString PowerSupplyFault \

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733.2.1.7 OctetString PowerSupplyNotNormal \

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733.2.1.8 OctetString Certainty_Yes \

.1.3.6.1.4.1.733.2.1.9 Integer 6

Try running this, (substitute your server and node name information).  That
will at least tell you if you're event configuration for settings are
configured to allow DFM traps to be processed by NV.

HTH

Dan