[nv-l] NetView and Latency

To: "IBM NetView Discussion" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NetView and Latency
From: "Scott Hammons" <s.hammons@ais-nms.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:15:37 -0500

Hello listers,

Environment:

AIX 5.1
NetView 7.1.3

Is there an easy way to monitor latency between the NetView server and a network device?  This is a fairly simple requirement, but I cannot find anything in the documentation that shows how to accomplish this.  I have a requirement to dynamically monitor latency and provide a graphical format.  I know this can be completed relatively easy using a third party tool such as mrtg or solarwinds network performance monitor.  It seems logical to me that NetView should be able to handle this requirement if lower end tools can accomplish this.  I realize I can customize by scripting something, but is there anything OTB that can help complete this task?

Thanks for the input,

Scott

Scott Hammons
Senior Consultant