Re: [nv-l] netmon.noDiscover

To: "DePhillips, Frank" <fdephillips@McLeodUSA.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netmon.noDiscover
From: "Alan E. Hennis" <Hennis_Alan_E@cat.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 12:31:46 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Frank

netmon.nodiscover is from OpenView NNM. I do not think this file exists on
NetView. I think you best choice here is to use a negative seedfile entry
as follows.

!64.198.100.*
!216.43.12.*
!216.43.171.*
!216.43.64.*

Thanks
Alan E. Hennis
Caterpillar Inc.
Systems+Process Division
309.494.3308
hennis_alan_e@cat.com

                      Leslie Clark

                      <lclark@us.ibm.co

                      m>

                      05/06/2003 11:37  To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      AM                cc:

                                          Subject:      Re: [nv-l]
netmon.noDiscover

Caterpillar: Confidential Green                 Retain Until: 06/05/2003
                                                Retention Category:  G90 -
                                                Information and Reports

I am not familiar with that file. What platform and version are you working
with?

Detroit

                      "DePhillips,

                      Frank"                   To:       NetView mailing
list <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      <fdephillips@McLe        cc:

                      odUSA.com>               Subject:  [nv-l]
netmon.noDiscover

                      05/06/2003 12:13

                      PM

I have created the netmon.noDiscover file under /usr/OV/conf and added the
following entries.  I then restart netmon -y and it still keeps finding
these networks.  Any idea why this is not working? If I only want it to
find devices in my seedfile how can I stop it from finding all ip space
assigned?

cat netmon.noDiscover
#Add entries you do not wanted discovered
64.198.100.*
216.43.12.*
216.43.171.*
216.43.64.*

Thanks

Frank

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential
information and is intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, copying
or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.

*NOTE*
help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)