Re: [nv-l] Netview Router Display shows Static NAT addresses

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview Router Display shows Static NAT addresses
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:59:37 -0400

Netview is not looking at your router NAT configuration at all. It is
looking at the MIBII Interface table, address table, ipNetToMedia table,
etc. If the IOS populates those tables with information about the NAT
addresses, Netview will faithfully depict it. Take a check of the values in
those tables (Monitor....Network Configuration.....Addresses, and
Monitor...MIB Values...Interface Info).  If what Netview draws differs from
what you see there, then you should report it to Support.  NAT is generally
unsupported in Netview otherwise.

Detroit

                      dparmer@boscovs.c

                      om (Dave Parmer)         To:
<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                                               cc:

                      05/08/2003 12:51         Subject:  [nv-l] Netview Router
Display shows Static NAT addresses
                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      dparmer

Hello,

I have an issue with Netview discovering all my IP addresses in my Cisco
router that are configured as static NAT (one to one) translations and
displaying them incorrectly as an actual router interfaces.  A example NAT
config in my IOS config is   <snip> ip nat outside source static
66.55.44.33 10.20.30.40 <snip>.  An interface with the internal IP address
of 10.20.30.40 then shows up on the Netview map for the router.  Besides
unmanaging and hiding these objects, does anyone know if this is problem is
with the Cisco IOS SNMP agent or with Netview?  My Cisco IOS is 12.1.15,
and my Netview is 7.1.3 FP1 on z/Linux.  Thanks.

Dave Parmer, CCNP/CCDP
Network Engineer
Boscov's Department Stores, LLC