Re: [nv-l] FW: Netview mib probelm

Subject: Re: [nv-l] FW: Netview mib probelm
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:25:53 +0100
You get a load of traps configured into trapd.conf at install time. Certainly a generic cold start or warm start should appear in the NetView event log. Are you sure they actually arrive at NetView? Have a look at /usr/OV/log/trapd.log - if they get to NetView at all, they should appear there. If there's nothing there, I'd try a packet sniff - you don't say what architecture you are on but iptrace on AIX, snoop on Solaris or I'd try ethereal (public domain - type ethereal into google will find it) if you are on Windows.

Cheers,
Jane

DePhillips, Frank wrote:

I tested sending traps to NV from my PC. Cold start/ warm start version 1 are failing. When Netview gets installed and the trapd.conf file is created does it load the default mibs into trapd.conf or do I need to run mib2trap on each one?

Thanks

Frank

*NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.*

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2003 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.