[nv-l] WEB client/console access

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] WEB client/console access
From: JamesHorwath@glic.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:09:49 -0400

I have a statement followed by a question.  I found we have users who rely on using NetView web console for access.  I am new here and this was a surprise to me.  I am not really familiar with the WEB console. I have 3 maps defined: MAIN, default and UNIX.  It appears a map is only available when a person has the map open through the program /usr/OV/bin/netview.  Is this the case. When I have a map open they are available via the WEB client, if nobody has the map open the map is not available.  Do I always need to have a netview program running to allow users access to the WEB client.  This seems clunky and not too admin or user friendly. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get around this problem.  I am running NetView 7.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3.   I didn't see any tidbits mentioned in the WEB Console User's Guide.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Jim Horwath
Guardian