Re: [nv-l] install below mem req's on linux

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] install below mem req's on linux
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:24:01 +0200
I think the framework installation executes the NVprereq.sh which is on the
NetView CD under the /TOOLS directory.

The script starts with:
if [ -f /tmp/.noNVPrereqCheck ]; then
  echo "Prerequisite checking has been bypassed as requested."
  exit 0
fi

So try:
touch /tmp/.noNVPrereqCheck
before the installation and look how it works.

Kind regards

Oliver

|         |           "Karl Prinelle"   |
|         |           <Karl.Prinelle@ely|
|         |           zium.co.uk>       |
|         |           25.06.2003 13:30  |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                                        |
  |       cc:
                                        |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] install below mem req's on linux
                                        |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi,

I'm trying to install NV 7.1.3 on Linux RH 7.2 as a framework install, but
I only have 128Mb ram & it is refusing to install - all the other pre-req's
are ok.
I've previously used this machine as a non-fwk netview install & despite a
little moan about too little memory, it works well enough - this is only a
test machine.
The only reason I want to use a fwk install is to test TIPN which appears
to only work against a NV server which is a MN.
Is there a work-around / script to copy & edit to avoid this?  I've had a
look at what was copied to the machine, but it seems the additional pre-req
check is being done from a script that is inside a .pkt & is only extracted
at runtime...
Is it possible (I can't see it myself) to install as non-fwk and then
"attach" to fwk after install by creating the necessary objects in the
oserv db...?
I've had a look at the archives but can't see anything that fits.

Thanks in advance

Karl