[nv-l] install below mem req's on linux

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] install below mem req's on linux
From: "Karl Prinelle" <Karl.Prinelle@elyzium.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:30:38 +0100
Hi,

I'm trying to install NV 7.1.3 on Linux RH 7.2 as a framework install, but I only have 128Mb ram & it is refusing to install - all the other pre-req's are ok.
I've previously used this machine as a non-fwk netview install & despite a little moan about too little memory, it works well enough - this is only a test machine.
The only reason I want to use a fwk install is to test TIPN which appears to only work against a NV server which is a MN.
Is there a work-around / script to copy & edit to avoid this?  I've had a look at what was copied to the machine, but it seems the additional pre-req check is being done from a script that is inside a .pkt & is only extracted at runtime...
Is it possible (I can't see it myself) to install as non-fwk and then "attach" to fwk after install by creating the necessary objects in the oserv db...?
I've had a look at the archives but can't see anything that fits.

Thanks in advance

Karl