[nv-l] WebConsole: Event Browser causes high ovwdb cpu-usage

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] WebConsole: Event Browser causes high ovwdb cpu-usage
From: wolfgang.nilz@arz.co.at
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:24:55 +0200

Hi list!

Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 4.3

Has anybody recognized the circumstance that when you turn on the event browser in the WebConsole ovwdb will occupy a whole cpu?
I configured quite a complex scope of 66 networks. The customer wants to see all events of his nodes so he simply opens the event browser and NetView will send him only the events of the nodes customized in the scope. As soon he does this, ovwdb occupies one of the 4 cpu's of our NetView-Server. Performance gets worse immediatly, i.e. object selection happens very slow, context menu opens very slow etc.

Any ideas?

Wolfgang Nilz

Networkmanagement
ARZ - Allgemeines Rechenzentrum