[nv-l] addtrap

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] addtrap
From: Bhayeti <bhayeti@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 08:31:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I have the following script generated from the output of mib2trap against rfc1759.mib. The output shows lots of errors like

"Left-over node prtInterpreterLangFamily ::= { prtInterpreterEntry 2 } (134)"

The last line is "Enterprise object id not found for trap printerV2Alert, (6,1).Enterprise object id not found for trap printerAlert, (6,1)."

It generates the following script to add the traps but this has syntax errors as I just receive the command syntax when I run it.

/usr/OV/bin/addtrap -l printerV2Alert -g 6 -s 1 \

-n printerV2AlertPrefix \

-o A -c "LOGONLY" -t 0 \

-S 1 \

-D "This trap is sent whenever a critical event is added to the

prtAlertTable." \

-e printerV2Alert \

-F '$E $G $S $# args: $*'

/usr/OV/bin/addtrap -l printerAlert -g 6 -s 1 \

-n printerV1Alert \

-o A -c "LOGONLY" -t 0 \

-S 1 \

-D "This trap is sent whenever a critical event is added to the

prtAlertTable." \

-e printerAlert \

-F '$E $G $S $# args: $*'

Do I need to modify the mib or the generated script and if either could anyone please advise how so?

thanks,

Michael

Do you Yahoo!?