RE: [nv-l] Bizarre Router Behavior

To: "IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Bizarre Router Behavior
From: "Enriquez,Carlos,GLENDALE,GLOBE Center AMS" <Carlos.Enriquez@us.nestle.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:12:55 -0700
From: Davis, Donald [mailto:donald.davis@firstcitizens.com]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 9:01 AM
To: IBM NetView Discussion (E-mail)
Subject: [nv-l] Bizarre Router Behavior

I have discovered a Cisco 2600 router on my network that NetView is having a problem with.
The router has three interfaces (loopback, Frame and Ethernet) and thus, three networks attached.
All is drawn correctly.  However, when I Manage/Unmanage the router it has NO affect on the interfaces.
When the router symbol is unmanaged, the underlying interface symbols remain green.

When I manage/unmanage the interfaces, the router changes from green to blue as expected.

Status Source is Compoung-Propagated
Resolutiuon is ok.
nmdemandpoll output is exactly the same as another "normal" router.
Object information also appears to be normal

Has anyone seen this behavior before?  What could be the cause?

Don Davis
First Citizens Bank
Raleigh, NC.  27603-3526

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.