Re: [nv-l] Is Windows XP supported by NetView 7.1.1?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Is Windows XP supported by NetView 7.1.1?
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:29:49 -0400

The whole issue of XP support is very murky, thanks to Microsoft.

No 7.1.1 is not supported on XP.  That much is clear, as John said.

And 7.1.3 will support the NetView client, but the Release Notes make no mention of the server or the standalone version, for a very good reason.

MS says XP is not a server platform and therefore no server apps should be installed on it.  That means that they will not support running NetView server or standalone on XP, even if we do.

Does it run?  Well, I have seen it.  Can we support it?  That remains to be seen.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

John Bruer <ad572@yahoo.com>

08/16/2003 01:51 AM
Please respond to nv-l