RE: [nv-l] nvdbformat hangs

Subject: RE: [nv-l] nvdbformat hangs
From: "Binder, Karin" <karin.binder@nwa.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:09:31 -0500
Thanks for the suggestion.  I do have Fixpack 1 loaded.  Received a note
offline referencing APAR #PJ28992 for this problem.  I'll open a call with
support to get the fix.

Further info:  I did find that this was more serious than just the nvdbformat
feature being unavailable.  Seems that running the command caused netmon to
hang.  Unfortunately, didn't realize that right away. Later, noticed nvUtil
became slow to respond and that status updates were not occurring.  Found that
netmon had stopped writing to the trace file at the same time the nvdbformat
command was issued.  Not saying definitively this was the cause, but it is
highly suspicious to me.  Since there's a fix, will focus on getting that
applied.

Thanks,
Karin