Re: [nv-l] Web Console Mib Browser Timeout Problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Web Console Mib Browser Timeout Problems
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:47:56 +0200
The answer to your question is: No.
The web client MIB browser isn't using SNMP at all.
The communication is as follows:
- HTTP requests between MIB Browser and Webserver (servlet).
- RMI between webserver and snmpserver
- SNMP requests between snmpserver and the choosen host.

Are you able to querry the host directly from the NetView box with snmpwalk
(snmpwalk NameOfYourNetViewBox)?
If so, is your snmpserver running (ovstatus snmpserver)?
If so, what's about the Java MIB browser started from the NetView box
(/usr/OV/bin/mibbrowser.sh)?
Any hints in /usr/OV/logs/snmpserver.log ?

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

|         |           Milton.W.Bridges@|
|         |           kp.org           |
|         |           17.09.2003 21:22 |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
                                     |
  |       cc:
                                     |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] Web Console Mib Browser Timeout Problems
                                     |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have NetView 7.1.3 running on a Solaris 2.8 Server, and am having
problems running the Web Console Mib Browser from a Windows 2000
Workstation.  Everything seems to be running well, with the exception of
the mib browser.  I am unable to walk or retrieve mib data.  I am
constantly getting a time-out error.  I have verified that my
hostname/community string combination are correct.

In a nutshell:  I am able to retrieve mib data regarding the NetView Server
from the NetView Server, but am unable to query the NetView server from the
Web Console (Windows 2000 workstation).

Question:  Do I need to update the snmpdx agent with hostname information
of my Windows 2000 workstation?
                    What am I overlooking

Thanks

-Milt

Milton W. Bridges III
Network Automation Systems Programmer
Kaiser Permanente IT National Operations
Enterprise Automation Services, Design and Engineering
(909)739-5339
8-395-5339