[nv-l] NetView Collect Data

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] NetView Collect Data
From: Sentra Sale <sentrasale@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:02:34 -0700 (PDT)
I'm using Netview to monitor my own MIB. I've NetView 7.1.3 on Windows 2000 Server. I wrote my own mib that has about 20 mib variables in an array. I'm monitoring this MIB object as an array. I used NetView Tool Builder to build new MIB tool that monitors the MIB. Then I monitor this tool ID using Monitor -> Other -> ToolID. I've set polling frequency as 15 seconds.

When I monitor this tool id, I get a window with 21 columns (21 mib variables). I don't see any value in these columns. I've my own agent that is hooked to Microsoft SNMP services. The agent reads values from files that is changed every 10 seconds. If I use NetView Tool -> MIB -> Browse -> Get on my table name, I get all the values.

Problem is I do not see any value when I use NetView -> Monitor -> Other -> ToolID.

My intention is to monitor this MIB continuously and store the retrieved values in database (MS Access) as 21 columns and many rows. This table is used by the customer to analuze the system performance.

Do I need to create a table in MS Access for my MIB? Why I'm not seeing any values when I use monitor?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Shrikanth Naik
Siemens PT&D

Do you Yahoo!?