[nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 and AIX 5.1

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Netview 7.1.3 and AIX 5.1
From: "Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:05:03 -0400

Hi,

I have been running Netview 7.1.3 on AIX 5.1 for about two weeks now, and have lost the Netview daemons twice in this time. I am trying to figure out if this is AIX 5.1 related or something else. I have not noticed anything peculiar in the log files though. I have another Netview server with 7.1.3 and AIX 4.3.3 with similar configuration monitoring the same network that has no such problem.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Also I have hundreds of the following entries in my netmon.trace:

Undiscovered access to 172.XX.XX subnet detected.

There must be an unmanaged undiscovered router in this subnet.

Undiscovered access to 172.XX.XX subnet detected.

There must be an unmanaged undiscovered router in this subnet.

Is that due to having lots of routers / subnets in my "New Object Holding Area"?

Cheers,

Fawad