Re: [nv-l] Install NV7.1.3 on Framework 4.1

To: igastelu@unm.edu
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Install NV7.1.3 on Framework 4.1
From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:41:38 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

Inaki,

Installation of NetView using Tivoli Framework is only supported on the
UNIX versions.   The TEC Adapter (which you have installed) is the only
piece of NetView for Windows that will interface with Tivoli Framework.
NetView for Windows supports storing data in a  SQL database running on its
own server only, not on a remote database server.    You may get it to work
with a remotel database, but you would receive no support from IBM since
that is an unsupported configuration.

I suggest that you read the release notes and the online books that come
with NetView.   There are sections about what database is supported and the
configuration steps.

Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678)       FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                      igastelu@unm.edu

                                               To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                      09/25/2003 02:15         cc:

                      PM                       Subject:  [nv-l] Install NV7.1.3
on Framework 4.1

  Hi, I am setting a test environment for NV 7.1.3 on a windows 2000
server.  The NV has to be installed over Framework, because in the
future there is the desire to use other Tivoli products.
  My original idea was to install the Framework and then the Tivoli
desktop for Windows and from the desktop to install NV (does it makes
sense?)
  The thing is that I installed the framework, everything went through
fine. Then I Installed the Desktop, OK.  Then I ran the desktop, I
logged into my machine, but from the desktop I did not find a way to
install NV.
  Is that the way to do it?
  Later I installed NV with the setup that it brings, I said typical,
I selected to install the adapter (I think for the Tivoli Console)
with Framework option.  Everything went OK, I saw discovered all the
host on my LAN segment.
  Is NV aware of the existence of the FRW?  If instead of flat files I
want to use an SQL server(in another host) for the database?
  I am new to all this, even though I have read the instalations and
releases for FR4.1 and NV 7.1 I am confused.  Any help will be really
appreciated.
Inaki

*NOTE*
help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)