RE: [nv-l] Cat6509 link down/up trap

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Cat6509 link down/up trap
From: "Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:40:22 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:47:19 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
What I meant was on the ports. You have to enable traps on the ports..
"set port trap mod/port enable (disable) "  For example, in my
environment we only "set port trap enable" on the uplink ports or server
ports. We have it disabled on all user ports since we do not want
Netview to get a bunch of link up/down traps when end-users reboot,etc.

So the snmp is fine but the individual ports must be configured: example
below for Module 2 ---

module 2 : 8-port 1000BaseX Ethernet
set module name    2
set module enable  2
set vlan 1    2/1-2,2/4-8
set vlan 13   2/3
set port enable     2/1-3,2/5,2/7-8
set port disable    2/4,2/6

set port trap       2/1-8  enable   <<<<<<<<----------------

the statement above is the one that sends out the link up/down...

hope that helps.