[nv-l] SNMP Configuration settings

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] SNMP Configuration settings
From: "Georg Gangl" <Georg.Gangl@brz.gv.at>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:10:20 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:19:57 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Dear Madam/Sir,

This is my first e-mail to the NetView Forum group. I have got one question and
I would like to thank you in advance for any help.
We only want to get alarms for less important devices when they are down for at
least 10 minutes, after they are polled 10 times. So we set the SNMP
Configuration parameters to polling = 5 min, timeout = 30 sec and retry = 10.
Is this a practicable way in NetView 7.1 or are there any limits which do not
allow these SNMP Configuration settings ?

Best regards,
Georg Gangl

Ing. Georg Gangl
Bundesrechenzentrum Ges.m.b.H.