Re: [nv-l] netview map read-only

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netview map read-only
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:49:06 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:57:26 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Anthony,
If you are only getting a readOnly map and you are the root user, then this has to mean that someone/thing has that map open readWrite. Are you using the map called default?

If you have configured the netviewd daemon to start (not configured started out of the box), then netviewd will run the default map in readWrite, meaning that you get a readOnly version. If this is the case, you can grab the map readWrite from netviewd by using the "-dconsole" parameter on your netview command that starts up the GUI.

Cheers,
Jane

Anthony J Segelhorst wrote:

I just installed netview 7.1.3 FP01 on AIX 5.1 with the defaults. By default I notice when opening the console I bring up using x-windows it is read only as root. How can I can change the map so it is read-write. I am very new to netview on unix, and notice that netview for windows and unix are nothing alike

Anthony J Segelhorst
Enterprise Systems Management Team
Phone: 937-495-1876
Email: ajs15@meadwestvaco.com