RE: [nv-l] OSPF route change detection

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] OSPF route change detection
From: awatthey@mmm.com
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:17:43 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:28:28 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi,

I use the following MIB (in a Cisco) to get the interface used by the
router for a route (the ip address of the route should replace the xxx's).
 It returns null if the route does not exist in the router.  I only use it
to alert the operators if the route disappears (ie. one cannot get there
as it is no longer being advertised).

I use an HSRP address centrally located to poll so I don't rely on a
single router.

I can't rely on PING as there are blocks (viruses) and sometimes being
frame relay, PINGs get regularly thrown away.  PINGing also causes
unnecessary traffic.

1.3.6.1.2.1.4.21.1.2.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Hope this helps.
Alan.