Re: [nv-l] another strange thing

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] another strange thing
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:30:18 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 14:40:25 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Interfaces with IP address 0.0.0.0 are usually from unnumbered links.
You are right that you cannot delete these interfaces.
But you can delete the whole link which will also delete the unnumbered
interfaces from both connected routers.
But why to delete them?
netmon will automatically poll routers with unnumbered interfaces per snmp
instead of ping.
So the interfaces should be green or really have a problem
(ifOperStatus=0).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |           "Pal, Laszlo"          |
|         |           <laszlo.pal@eds.com>   |
|         |           Sent by:               |
|         |           owner-nv-l-digest@lists|
|         |           .us.ibm.com            |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |           17.10.2003 14:00       |
|         |           Please respond to nv-l |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                     |
  |       cc:
                                     |
  |       Subject:  [nv-l] another strange thing

Every day with netview is new and new strange experiences :)

In some of my routers I got interfaces with very strange names. These
called 0.0.0.0 Of course these canot ping (become red if I manage them) and
cannot deleted (NV says can't delete object). Where these strange objects
comes?

THx
L: