[nv-l] trap to event help

To: "NVList (E-mail)" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] trap to event help
From: Brian Kraftchick <Brian.Kraftchick@odfl.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 16:33:45 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:41:16 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
Okay....I'm making some progress through the use of the documentation and the lists...however I've run into an issue that I don't know where to next.  I have a Network Appliance filer that I am setting up to send specific traps to netview.  I have loaded the NetApp MIB successfully and used the mib2trap utility to define the traps to netview.  When I setup a trap as a test (say percent disk space used), it fires correctly, sends the trap, and trapd.log records the reception of that trap.  The problem is that I never see that in the Event viewer.  I also have the ultimate goal of getting these traps to generate an event in TEC.  Our netview server (7.1.2 on Win2K) is already configured with the TEC adapter and I often see Events that come from NetView...so I believe that is all working.  I was just wondering why and where I might look to resolve the issue of not seeing these traps in NetView's event console.  I have gone in (blindly) to the "Trap Settings" and changed the properties on these types of traps to match other traps that do get into the Event console (like NodeUp and NodeDown) traps.  Any ideas ?

Brian Kraftchick
Network Administrator
Old Dominion Freight Line
Ph: (336) 822-5938