[nv-l] NetView 7.1.4 / TEC 3.9 documentation

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] NetView 7.1.4 / TEC 3.9 documentation
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:07:10 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:15:02 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

Folks --

There have been several postings asking about NetView 7.1.4/ TEC 3.9 documentation and when it will be available on the Tivoli support web site.

I was just informed that  the reason that these are not there yet is that, technically,  until the official GA date, the documents are considered IBM Confidential.
I know that several of you are on the "hot ship" list and received your 7.1.4 code last week,  but as the official announcement of NetView 7.1.4 is today (!), that was an "early ship" in advance of the General Availability date.  Yes, I know it sounds like corporate double-talk,  but most of these policies are years old, and that's how they coordinate different groups within the company .  Putting the doc on the web site, and maintaining it is not done by the people who produce the product -- we have no control over it.  In any case,  I'm told that the doc posting will commence within the next several days.  Please be patient.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group