Re: [nv-l] NetView Class Materials

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView Class Materials
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:01:38 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:18:45 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
As another biased Instructor and developer of NetView classes.....
I received a note only today saying that both the classroom and the web-based training (WBT) are just about to have new versions released (they don't seem to be on the page Bill references yet), but seem scheduled for availability on November 7th.. Now again, I'm biased, but I think the classrrom training beats the socks off the WBT.....

However, it looks like the WBT training is to be delivered as a number of 4-hour sessions such as:
Introduction and Installation
Customizing the View
Network Monitoring

Depending on your timescales, if you want to look at the WBT, you may want to hold off until early November?
Cheers,
Jane

Evans, Bill wrote:

Yes, I've taught the NetView for Administrators course and actually developed its prececessor material.
The current education material is available on CD and can be located at
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/tivoli/education/edu_prd.html <http://www-3.ibm.com/software/tivoli/education/edu_prd.htTARGET=>. There are Operator and Administrator versions of the material for Unix and Windows plus a classroom version. The Tivoli CDs are 300 bucks for the six hour operator program and 500 for the 20 hour administrator one. The classroom course is about $2495 plus travel and includes an expert to help and machines to play with. Well worth the candle in my biased opinion.
Bill Evans