Re: [nv-l] Fw: Modified labels changed back to its orgrinal object name

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Fw: Modified labels changed back to its orgrinal object name
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:16:50 -0400
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:25:49 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

You should, if possible, use name resolution to correctly represent the names of your network devices. This change will be reflected on all symbols for the node. If you make the change manually, you must change it on every occurrance of the symbol, and there are many. Still, if you must do it manually, there is an option to prevent Netview from overriding user customization. On Unix it is under 'File..Modify/Descripe...Map' and then choose the ipmap application. I don't remember where it is on Windows. It may be in the console configuration menu. But I strongly recommend the DNS or /etc/hosts approach.

Detroit

"Haibo Yang" <hbyang@sysway.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

10/17/2003 02:35 AM