Re: [nv-l] NV crash

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV crash
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:18:00 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 19:26:11 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

I am going to suggest that you call your local IBM Support number and open a problem.  It's highly unlikely that there is anything wrong you can do something about.

If the GUI goes away and there are error messages shown in the command window from which you started it, those should be captured in the /usr/OV/log/netview_<userid>.log for the userid you were using.  You might want to check whether that is the case and verify that they were captured.  If so, Support will want to see the log.  If they were not, then you might want to vi a file and copy them into it so they can share that.

You should also check your current directory for a core  file  or for one in /usr/OV/PD/cores/ipmap.  If you find one, Support will want to see that and they may ask you to run the readcoreg formatting program on it.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Pal, Laszlo" <laszlo.pal@eds.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

10/31/2003 04:38 AM