[nv-l] Netview through a firewall with NAT

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Netview through a firewall with NAT
From: "DePhillips, Frank" <fdephillips@mcleodusa.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:25:06 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:34:22 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com
I have some devices on the external side of the firewall that need to be monitored.  My Netview machine has a NAT and can find the devices once placed in the seedfile, but after the first polling cycle they become unreachable.  Does Netview have problems working through a firewall or dealing with NAT?

Thanks

Frank DePhillips
NMS Engineer
McLeodUSA
(281) 465-1208

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.