Re: [nv-l] nvsniffer / servmon

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] nvsniffer / servmon
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:15:04 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 20:26:03 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

I'm not the expert on this, partly because it is so new, and partly because I don't work with it.  But I don't think the first version of servmon is as flexible as you might like it to be.  According to my understanding, in the case of raw port tests, it appears that only the SNMP address is tested.  The raw port test does not test all IP addresses on a node.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

10/30/2003 04:55 PM