Re: [nv-l] Monitoring Cisco Devices MIb attributes

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Monitoring Cisco Devices MIb attributes
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 22:38:39 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 03:49:46 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

I would start by looking at the local mib. It has some of that. For utilization I use the mib expressions in /usr/OV/conf/mibExpr.conf. Cisco's website has some nice whitepapers that make recommendations on what mib variables to monitor. I found an error rate _expression_ in one of them that I use. Like the utilization expressions, it just uses counters from the standard mib II interfaces table.

Detroit

Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Sent by: owner-nv-l-digest@lists.us.ibm.com

11/05/2003 08:06 AM