[nv-l] NetView Windows2000 client installation failed

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NetView Windows2000 client installation failed
From: 杨海波 <hbyang@sysway.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 12:58:12 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 05:10:07 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hello, List

NetView713+Windows2000+popular patches
I am trying to install a Netview native client on a Windows Professional
workstation for my customer but I failed by getting the following error: "The
server addres (xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx) may be incorrect or the server cannot be
found ." The error appears  after password having been written. ( Both ip
address and the password are correct).
I have tested the server/client mode in my lab, everything is ok. In my
customer's senario, there is a checkpoint FW sitting between the server and the
client workstation. I have configured every policy  concerning the server
console and client workstation to "any to any" which means no restriction,
still I get the same error message.
Any idea about this?
Thanks a  lot in advance.
Bruce Yang