Re: [nv-l] Duplicate IP Address

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Duplicate IP Address
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:16:49 +0100
Cc: Anil Kumar <akumar@e2open.com>
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:25:49 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello Anil,

did you also remove the hash (#) in front of
NV_NETMON_GENERATE_DUP_ADDR_EVENT=TRUE
?

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

|         |           Anil Kumar       |
|         |           <akumar@e2open.co|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           11.11.2003 00:55 |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       Oliver Bruchhaeuser/Germany/Contr/IBM@IBMDE
                                     |
  |       cc:
                                     |
  |       Subject:  Re: [nv-l] Duplicate IP Address
                                     |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

HI Oliver,

I saw your your posting relating to detecting duplicate IP with Netview
7.1.2 :

>unfortunately on NetView 6 no more duplicate ip address traps are
generated
>as it was on NetView 5.
>On NetView 7.1 this feature can be reenabled by setting the following
>netmon option in /usr/OV/conf/netmon.conf
>-----
># Set to TRUE to generate a duplicate event as in v5
>NV_NETMON_GENERATE_DUP_ADDR_EVENT=TRUE

  I AM USING NETVIEW 7.1.2 and did what you suggested and than
restarted all netview deamons. I than assigned
an IP of the exiting node to an interface of an another existing node.

I see events such as "link address is different than earlier". But I do not
see duplicate IP events. Am  I missing some step?

Thanks in adavance for any help.

Thanks
-- Anil Kumar
akumar@e2open.com