RE: [nv-l] 7.1.4 performance ?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] 7.1.4 performance ?
From: Stephen Hochstetler <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:42:56 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:48:43 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Channing,

It sounds like you are experienced...but I just want to verify how you
verifiied the cache..    did you look in your ovsuf file or in the
ovwdb.lrf   ....or at the line on a ps -ef command to see how ovwdb was
started?    I just make sure your ovwdb.lrf is 'active' in your ovsuf file.
(it is the 0 record that is active I think)

With this upgrade, did you also upgrade AIX, networking ...or any other
configuation change (that should have not affected things) ?    Do you
still have good DNS connectivity?   I assume with the install that you may
have rebooted your server.   Does the paging space still look healthy?

Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization at IBM
Office - 512-838-6198 (t/l 678)       FAX - 512-838-6931
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com