RE: [nv-l] 7.1.4 performance ?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] 7.1.4 performance ?
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 09:01:23 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:09:57 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Channing,

yes you are right.
Autotrace slow down ovtopmd start and ovtopofix.
There is a test fix (IY50663)available from support.
Of course you can also disable Autotrace (see the Release Notes how to do
this).

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

|         |           "Hill, Channing" |
|         |           <CHill@bbandt.com|
|         |           >                |
|         |           owner-nv-l@lists.|
|         |           us.ibm.com       |
|         |           21.11.2003 21:27 |
|         |           nv-l             |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
                                     |
  |       cc:
                                     |
  |       Subject:  RE: [nv-l] 7.1.4 performance ?
                                     |

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Never mind on the question about the "ovwdb_FFDC:5" being added to the
ovwdb
entry in ovsuf. I just found out via the release notes, page 8, that FFDC
entries is for extensive tracing of Netview daemons. I also found an APAR
(IY50663), that this auto tracing function can affect system performance.
It
appears to be turned on by default...(look in
/usr/OV/conf/FFDC/autotrace.properties) I will totally disable this
functionality and see if my performance improves. I'll let ya know....

Channing Hill
EMS Analyst II
BB&T
(252) 246-3642