Re: [nv-l] Clarification reqd. in location.conf

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Clarification reqd. in location.conf
From: John F <nvuser2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:20:54 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:32:01 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Dear James,

Thanks for the tip.  It helped.

John

James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Yes. The map is built at discovery time, so you need to get location.conf
the way you want it and use serversetup --> Maintain to clear the databases
but preserve customizations (your smartset definitions).

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

John F

.com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: [nv-l] Clarification reqd. in location.conf
owner-nv-l@lists.
us.ibm.com

11/22/03 04:30 AM
Please respond to
nv-l

Hello lists,

My environment is netview 7.1.3 under AIX & windows.

I have a doubt regarding location.conf. I have the IP Map which is
displaying entire map properly. I want to add submaps to it. I also want it
to be preserve! d even if we delete the map databases and regenerate the
maps. Hence I have put the required entries in location.conf file. Do I
need to delete the map databases and rediscover them to have the required
components to be displayed properly under the new submaps defined in
location.conf ?

Thanks,

John

Do you Yahoo!?