Re: [nv-l] Some nodes not getting discovered

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Some nodes not getting discovered
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 02:08:18 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 07:21:54 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I've had good luck figuring these things out from the netmon.trace file. Turn it on (netmon -M -1) while things are kind of quiet and then ping the node you are interested in. Look at  the trace, and locate that address and see what it says about it.

Make sure you have maintenance on that 7.1.3. And also make sure the address you are going after, if it resolves to a name, resolves the same way forward and back. That can cause it to be discarded. And perhaps it is already in there but you are not finding it. Try searching for it by address (Locate Obects by Attribute.. IP Address)

Detroit

John F <nvuser2000@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

11/27/2003 09:44 PM