Re: [nv-l] Sending events to TEC - hostname missing (sometimes)

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Sending events to TEC - hostname missing (sometimes)
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:30:37 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:40:20 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Well, you have confirmed my view of this, Jane.  nvserverd has no code to
prohibit any particular hostname. It should just be using whatever it
found.  My suspicion is that it is having difficulty with the resolution,
though why I don't know.

As a test, I'd suggest using an snmptrap of a NetView event , with a
failing "dashed" hostname in varbind 2.   I'll bet it gets formatted
correctly and sent to TEC.
Then an snmptrap of the arcServetrapHigh with that same hostname as the origin.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
12/22/2003 11:53 AM