[nv-l] loading mib

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] loading mib
From: Mohammed Quayum <MQUAYUM@dm.gov.ae>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:02:32 +0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:22:13 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi all,

I have netview 7.1.4 on windows 2000 advance server.

When Installing mibs for peribit through command “loadmib” it is giving me message “error defining object: found MODULE-IDENTITY”.

Mib is using snmp v2. On the net I read that for snmp v2 the command used to install mib is xmnloadmib2.

This command is not working may be it is for unix.

On another server I am trying to load the mib through loadmib command which has 7.1.3 it it giving me error “Unable to create work copy of MIB database. Permission denied”. I am logged in with netview user which is used for service account, I tried with local administrator also.

Can somebody help me out.

Mohammed Quayum

NOC Administrator

Dubai Municipality.