[nv-l] Install of Fixpack2 for AIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Install of Fixpack2 for AIX
From: "Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:59:13 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:10:57 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I ran across an issue when doing the Fixpack install on AIX for V713.
After killing all netview processes rant he intall script it managed to get to the point of replacing files, then dies and says the following.

09:51:58 Performing Prerequisite Checking.
09:51:58 Performing File Extraction.
09:52:36 Performing Space Checks.
09:52:41 Performing File Backup.
09:53:11 Shutting down NetView daemons.
09:53:44 Performing File Replacement.
cp: /usr/OV/lib/libcollection.a: Cannot open or remove a file containing a running program.
09:53:59 Installation of /usr/OV/lib/libcollection.a failed.
09:53:59 Installation aborted - the state of the NetView installation is unknown.
09:53:59 Use /usr/OV/service/V713/FixPack2/backout to restore this system.

tried it twice and same error both times.  I am doing the upgrade from a Xwindow and do not kow what the libcollection.a would have to do with that but thought I would mention it. Any ideas what this is caused by?

TIA
-Chris Petrina